Monday, October 18, 2010

~ Reaping the Beauty ~


Good morning, everyone!

So far, this autumn in Michigan has been absolute perfection.
I can't begin to tell you how incredible the weather has been the past couple weeks!
Indian summer...
bright, clear, azure skies with nary a cloud.


Comfortable, 65-75 degree days.
(which = good hair days, you know)


Brilliant color on the trees.


Just beautiful!
 
I've been spending a lot of time outside doing autumnal chores;
putting away deck furniture (which is always a very sad job), cleaning the pond,
pruning perennials, 
and yes....blowing leaves.
Lots of leaves....ugh.
The battle as begun.
But at least it's been wonderful leaf-blowing weather.

But as I was mowing the other day, I found myself looking at Heaven's Walk through your eyes.
And this is what I saw...

Looking at the back of the house from the vegetable garden...
...and from the barn.


Milkweed pod ready to be picked for planting in the spring for my Monarchs.



One winter tenant at Heaven's Walk, who resides in a dilapidated old pear tree in the side yard, has been busy taking advantage of the beautiful weather, too...


Very busy.

I think he's been recently featured in "Better Squirrel Homes Today".
I couldn't decide if
1.  this was just a verrrry special hickory nut which was given a verrry special place so he could find it with his eyes closed in the dark;
2. his doorbell;
3. or maybe just his idea of chic, woodsy fall decor?

I do believe he's got a bright future ahead of him in decorating...


Last Sunday, our pastor spoke of reaping what you sow. 
You plant corn. You reap corn.
You plant beans.  You reap beans.
You sow love.  You reap love.
I think we can also sow beauty - and we can reap beauty.
All to the glory of God!



May you sow and reap a bountiful harvest of both love and beauty this week!

{ Hugs }

~ laurie



(If you love Lisa Leonard beautiful handmade jewelry, 
check out Southern Savvy Style
for a wonderful giveaway!)



22 comments:

  1. Oh Laurie your images are gorgeous!! It has been an incredible fall here! And yes, the battle of man vs. leaves has begun! :)

    I agree with you whole-heartedly that you do reap what you sow. Thank you for a perfect start to the week ahead my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'morn, Laurie ~ What an awesome presentation ... your photos are absolutely fabulous.

    Love the tree decor, great eye for primitive chic.

    Your preacher was so on ...

    Have a beautiful week ...
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your photos and you fall looks so wonderful! Love the old wood photos the best.
    We do reap what we sow, don't we?
    I also love the cooler days and it is better hair days!
    Hope your week is just as beautiful as you are!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Laurie ~ Each and every one of your photos are so, so lovely! You've got yourself a little piece of paradise there, don't you?
    Thanks for the tip about checking out farmhousemusings for an enamel pitcher. Their stuff is beautiful. I did attend an antique show this weekend and found a pitcher that the vendor told me she purchased in Florida. It's nice but not as nice as some I've seen so I may still order the one that you recommended. Thanks! ~Hugs - Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sis...your photos are gorgeous! What a beautiful piece of Heaven you have.
    So much beauty to take in, it's overwhelming. No wonder you and Rog love your place so much!
    I thought nothing could compare to "summer" at your house, but I was sooo wrong.
    Hugs,
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics, girl! Love all the fall color on the trees! Your homestead is so beautiful!! I just love old homes, and when I see one like yours, my heart goes pitty-pat... sigh...
    Enjoy your beautiful fall weather, my friend!
    Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Laurie, what an amazing location!! You must just looove living there, are you far from anywhere? I mean villages etc? So lovely. My hubby would love to live on a huge property out in the country somewhere....
    Happy tuesday to you,
    Laura c xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place, Laurie. I can't wait to see it in person someday. You have done an absolutely amazing job with everything. It does indeed look like a bit of Heaven....and the squirrel is a little Devil for sure! Everyone needs somebody that's a little nutty around..or would that be A-corny?...we have more than our share here- Hugs-xx Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what a great home you have and so much property..I could not imagine having such a large yard - that would be so wonderful. Where I live - there would be three houses in that backyard. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laurie, just wanted to say how beautiful your home and garden looks surrounded by Autumn colour. Had a chuckle over that nut door bell too!!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those images are wonderful. Love them all. Makes me want to move right in. You have a great eye for beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful words put to beautiful images. thanks for your sweet comment. happy fall.

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my wow...each and every picture is simply breathtaking! Love 'em! Thank you for sharing!! Hope you're having a beautiful week!
    Hugs to you!
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post. I loved your little decorating squirrel neighbor too :-)
    Blessings~
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurie,

    Loved visiting here and seeing the beautiful pics on your post today. My sweetie is from Michigan. We met in college down south. After 29 years in NC, he has just accepted a job back up near those stomping grounds, in Iowa. I am wondering if our day has come that we will get that dream acreage and farmhouse after living in the big city of Charlotte for so long...anticipating what adventures await and how the Lord will chart our path.. Your photos are inspiring and made me get warm fuzzies thinking about it.... Thanks for visiting today and
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures Laurie, and your home is gorgeous! Fall is my favorite time of year and one of the prettiest too! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful pics! The trees around your home are absolutely bursting with fall color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Laurie,

    Those views are spectacular.

    I'm very envious of your wonderful weather for leaf-blowing!! Our leaves haven't dropped yet but when they do....well,let's just say we have frost on the ground now. Brrrrr...........

    Think of me with my numb fingers scrabbling around with leaves, while you sun ourself!

    Thank you for your lovely, kind comment. It brought a BIG smile to my face!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home looks so beautiful...gorgeoud photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your place is just like Heaven, wow!
    Such beautiful images.

    XO,
    Anne

    P.S. no, the grain sack vendor doesn't have an online shop, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Laurie,
    You have a beautiful home and garden! I loved all of your great photos. It is so true, we do reap what we sow, the good and the bad, unfortunately. I hope and pray that what I am sowing everyday will be for the glory of God!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Bless you and thank you for visiting! I read each of your comments and treasure them all. So, please make sure your settings will accept emails, or leave your email address so that I can reply! ♥ Laurie