Wednesday, September 8, 2010

~ Sweet French Towels ~


Good morning, lovelies!

I received a package the other day.

It was from a new friend of mine.

Her beautiful blog is called Faded Plains and she owns a wonderful shop on Etsy.
I find it easy to spend a lot of time there.  (*wink)

Her name is Andrea,
She is kind and thoughtful and she does beautiful work.


Inside the wrapping were some oh so sweet surprises.


A beautiful thank you note.
A sweet smelling sachet.
An imprinted pencil.
A page rolled and tied from a paperback book titled "The Hawk and the Dove",
(which I had actually read while in high school).


This is what she made for me.


Two beautiful white muslin kitchen towels stamped with pretty French words.


I was sure that certain avenue is someplace romantic and special.
In fact, I did a wee bit of research on it.

It's a prestigious, world famous avenue in Paris, France where you will find cinemas, cafes, luxury specialty shops, and is lined with clipped horse chestnut trees.


It is known in France as "La plus belle avenue dumond" which means "the most beautiful avenue in the world". 


It stretches all the way to the Arc de Triomphe, a historic landmark.



Oh, yes.
I can imagine my pretty French towels being sold in one of these little specialty shop along this incredible avenue.
Can't you?

Thank you, Andrea, for giving me a little bit of Paris in my French-wanna-be kitchen - and for sending it wrapped with warm friendship!

{ Hugs! }

~ laurie

(Psssst!  Meet me over at Faded Charm for White Wednesday!)






20 comments:

  1. How lovely your french towels are!! I love anything french....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift! Friends are so special and thoughtful!

    Wow, that really is the most beautiful avenue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they just the prettiest towels? I'm going to have a peek at your friend's Etsy store. Thanks for sharing.
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! And so beautifully wrapped, too! I love seeing how other people wrap their treasures. The towels are tre chic! And so is the Champs des Elysees! I will be sure to check out her shop :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Laurie- hope you are having a wonderful week. I read the Hawk and the Dove in high school too! What a great little gift. I will have to check out her Etsy Shop. I'm always looking for new places Etsy...have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those towels are the prettiest ever and you know what makes shopping at Etsy so nice, that everything comes wrapped so pretty and thoughtful!!

    Thanks for the link...I'm on my way {and so is your card!!}

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty towels. Hope you can stop by on Friday and check out our new teen bedroom giveaway. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie, you lucky girl! What a lovely package you received! I have her shop on my list of favorites, but haven't actually been able to shop there yet (jealous girl here ;o)). Those pictures of the avenue in Paris are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Hugs ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laurie!! These are sweet, love her shop! Hope you are enjoying your week! Thanks for the sweet comment today! You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. laurie~
    isn't andrea amazing!! both her shops make me *swoon*!!
    *love* the towels!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurie,
    how lucky!! I am going to check out her shop, I loved reading your little questions below!! Loved learning a little more about you too; I am a summer person also and when it gets to that time to pack away all things flip floppy and smelling of sunscreen, my heart just sinks!!!
    Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only are the towels beautiful, the entire package was. I love the background info too :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie- I LOVE those towels! I promise not to dry myself on them when I come to visit! I will look at them folded or hanging in your kitchen and just gape at them in awe and amazement because they are so lovely. I would love to go to Paris. I told someone else this today too....when MyHero asked me to marry him he promised to take me to Paris on our 5th Anniversary....let me tell you...Paris, Wisconsin is NOT pretty! So..to enjoy Paris I guess I need just the little delights that speak French to me.
    Your post is as lovely as always- xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautifully it was all packaged!
    I love it when sellers go the extra mile.
    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What pretty French towels, and what a pretty way to recieve them. Great post.
    The Swedish Room

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh...your too sweet Laurie. I'm so happy to hear you liked the towels. I remember shopping on that Avenue about 6 years ago...it was a dream come true...I dream I hope to repeat. Now...as for the napkins and table runner...I've received quite a few emails about whether I'd be offering them for sale...so I just may have them available soon. Oh...and you can find the enamel number tags at www.the graphicsfairy.etsy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Laurie

    I've arrived here via Bella's blog.

    What a lovely post - I've walked the Avenue des Champs-Élysées in all seasons - it's so beautiful!
    Your pretty towels could easily come from a tiny boutique there!!
    I'm off to check out Andreas shop!

    I've joined your lovely band of followers.
    I would love you to come and visit me and I'll get out my prettiest tea cups and make you very welcome!
    Yake care
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well aren't these the most beautiful!! I love 'em! Just wanted to wish you a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  19. How in the world do they clip the tops of those huge trees? Love your kitchen towels!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you and thank you for visiting! I read each of your comments and treasure them all. So, please make sure your settings will accept emails, or leave your email address so that I can reply! ♥ Laurie