Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Partial Reveal at Heaven's Walk...

 
Good day, everyone!

Ok, ready for a pop quiz?

Remember the post I did on the family reunion that hubby and I showed up an hour late for because of that fabulous barn sale 
(that conveniently had a parking sign out front just for me)?  


Remember that awesome vintage dismantled fireplace mantel and side pieces I nabbed for a few bucks and painted my favorite creamy white?



Yup. That's the one.

Remember how I wanted it to be a part of our bedroom in one way or another?

Well.....that was....ummmmm....over a month ago.

Yeah. A month.

And the pieces were still laying prone and dormant in all of their beauty
on the wood floor of my study,
protected from the heat, humidity, and usual garage squalor.


I will admit, there was more than one occasion that I would sit at my desk and look longingly at them laying there,
and I would stroke the smooth, creamy whiteness of that wood.

For one.....long.....month.

Yeah. A month.

Do you know the plumber's leak that never gets fixed?

Yeah?

Well, this leak FINALLY got fixed.

Sort of.

I think Hubby got tired of the Barn Goddess' subtle hints, snarky suggestions, and relentless whining. (*wink)

So, on a recent Sunday afternoon you would have heard this in our bedroom:

"Honey, hold that piece straight."
"Which piece?"
"The piece you're holding!" 
"I'm holding three!!"
"Just hold it straight."  (cue famous rolling of eyes)
"Oh, no...."
"Oh no what?"
"I didn't bring enough screws with me.  Gotta go get more, so don't move the pieces you're holding."
"The THREE pieces I'm holding?!"
"Yup."
(growl) "You better hurry, maestro....." (cue feminine rolling of eyes)
"You're gonna owe me, you know..." (he throws casually over his shoulder)

Well, anyway, after an afternoon of grunts, groans, numerous eye rolls, traipsing up and down the stairs a multitude of times, a handful of screws, some scrap pieces of wood from our barn, primer, and paint ~

this, my dear friends...........

(No, those aren't painted stripes on my wall.  Just some weird ghostly thing going on....)

morphed into this!



(Sorry about the lousy picture quality on these photos.  The light was not cooperating with me.)
(Of course, my little man, Toby, decided it was a great photo op.)


The Goddess is giddy and beside herself that at least HALF of the bed project is now completed! 
And she feels like a queen sleeping in that wonderful repurposed bed.


"Hey, honey...? 
When do you think we could start on the foot board.....?"

(Ginormous groan from the maestro...)

Just wait til you see what I have planned for that!  


{Hugs}

and here's hoping your leak gets fixed today!

(Oh, and don't forget to pop over to Faded Charm today for
White Wednesday!  Meet you there!)

~ laurie







36 comments:

  1. Laurie that turned out so beautiful!!!! So worth the groans and eye rolls I bet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooooo! I was waiting to see this! It...looks...wonderful. Have you started that footboard yet? Happy WW my sister.
    Miiiisssss yoooouuuu tons.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound just like me & my hubby in the middle of a project!! lol
    I love it! It totally transforms the room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie! Looks so fabulous ~ perfect WW post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laauuuuuurie! I love it! You outdid yourself this time! It was certainly worth all the eye-rolls, snarky remarks and aching muscles...wooohoooo- I'd say ole RogBaby is pretty handy-dandy in the bedroom...huh? what? I MEANT installing things there-I know the conclusion you jumped to right away...cuz I know the books you read!

    Obviously you haven't been reading MY blog or you would have never wished that I had MY LEAK fixed-or should I say, The Pearl's leak fixed? lol Just kidding-I show her up close and personal today.

    I love your little Toby man. What a pretty boy he is. We always had a kitty that slept on the bed with us. We lost one about 5 years ago and then had to put my little Misty down 2 years ago now. I can't bear to get another......

    I am banished to the basement for the day-need to work down there and it is rainy...so a good day to give it a go. I'll be back later though to see what you are up to! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new headboard is GORGEOUS! Great job.
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new headboard is beautiful! You must have had a vision! I love it and I love that little {?} Toby kitty! He's a gorgeous one!

    I wanted to let you know that you won the Target gift card in my giveaway! Yay!! I'll send you an email~I need your address.

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's wonderful!!!
    He is talented..tell him I said he is talented.
    I love your banner and blog name :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely. Completely changes the room. Now about the month wait it's more like months around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eye rolling comes with the territory, doesn't it? Just love what you have done for a head board.
    Leak solved for now, but I think I hear a faint drip in the background...hope you get the footbaord before you have to grab the mop...wink.
    Hugs and Blessings- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantle turned out beautifully!! Love the parking sign!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers - that is stunning ! Great job !!!!!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    gena
    www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie, it looks fantastic!! what a great project!!!
    hugs from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurie - this looks great! I liked the wicker - but this is even better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. just gorgeous, I can just imagine how wonderful the footboard will be!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  16. That mantle is just gorgeous for your headboard!! Now I need to start another hunt. lol.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how this looks behind your bed. I was selling the lavender for my neice and she is in the process of setting up a website. I'll be posting about it when she is done and maybe you can get some through her.

    Thanks for the interest and kind comments.

    Take care,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys have been busy, haven't you? Your headboard turned out beautiful! You two did a fabulous job!
    Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend, Laurie!
    Hugs ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You both did a great job on the headboard! it really adds to the charm of your bedroom.

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Laurie,
    That is beautiful! You (both ;) did a great job, love, love, love it! Can't wait to see the rest. Have a wonderful long weekend, thank you for your sweet comments tonight!

    You cracked me up that you were an hour late... a lady after my own heart, gotta get that shopping in!
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Laurie, it's amazing! I love it, and I just saw a mantel at Habitat for Humanity, the wheels are turning... XX!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Laurie,
    I adore your headboard, great job! And your pillows are gorgeous, too. Looks like that sweet kitty has found a cozy nest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a transformation! It came out awesome! I amuse that you took a month to complete it Laurie...for me a month would be quick!! lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is gorgeous Laurie, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow...your headboard turned out fabulous...you guys did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your bedroom!! and i love the kitty cat!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yea!!!! I love a good story about a project that's been in the works for sometime! I have a few of those myself and your dialogue with your husband was hilarious.... sounds like my home!!!
    Your room looks wonderful! Sweet dreams of more projects,thank you for the happy birthday wish!!! :)
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! I love it! The height and detailing really adds interest and substance to the room. Isn't it funny what we put our hubby's through! That conversation sounds familiar! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the footboard! Thanks for visiting me!
    Have a lovely holiday,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is beautiful, Laurie! I loved your old, wicker bed too but this really adds to the height of the room and is such a lovely focal point! Great job. Poor hubby!...at least he gets to sleep like a king after a hard day's work. Can't wait to see the footboard. Added you to my new blog roll.

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a transformation. I just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That looks amazing, I'll bet you're just thrilled! :-)

    Have a wonderful Sunday and Labor Day!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your headboard is stunning! Isn't it fun building something together?! :)
    Your little convo sounds like me and my hubby. Sometimes I think real carpenters must have a better way. How do they ever work alone?
    Have a great week!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have hopped over from Love Of The Sea to say hello. I am so impressed with your headboard, it really is fabulous. Only a month?
    Weeks turn to months and months turn to years around here. I have so many projects just waiting.
    Love that headboard!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you and thank you for visiting! I read each of your comments and treasure them all. So, please make sure your settings will accept emails, or leave your email address so that I can reply! ♥ Laurie